
So, I met a guy (off an internet dating site) for a glass of wine and we really hit it off. However, when he asked where I lived I cringed and panicked. I'm 28, just graduated from law school, and recently moved back home while I study for the bar, look for a job, etc. Ashamed about living at home, I panicked and told the guy that I lived in an apartment NEAR my parents' house. I think the guy is into me, as he asked me to be his NYE date, invited me to his birthday dinner, and to a concert in a couple weeks. I've seen him one other time and met him out for NYE (even when he suggested that he could pick me up.) I can't go on meeting him places forever...would it be better to smooth over the fib with another fib--that I have an apartment, but the lease is ending, and I've decided to stay with my parents for a couple months to save money...OR should I just come out and tell him that I was nervous on the first date and that I really live at my parents'--which would peg me as a total liar?
I met him last Saturday, and we went out for NYE yesterday, so I haven't been seeing him for too long...How do I 'save face'?
Just tell him the truth, it may even be cute to him. You panicked and lied, big deal, it happens. It will show him that you can "man up" and own your mistakes.
You
may not create new Love Advice Forum threadsYou
may not post repliesYou
may not post attachmentsYou
may not edit your postsForum Rules

Beauty Store from Amazon
No comments:
Post a Comment