Here's my question, I've known this guy for a year now. We've had kind of a complicated relationship/friends with benefits type relationship all along. Yes, slept together many times.

He's also said goodbye to me a few times, and then our lives keep crossing paths again and it's like we're back where we left off.

Anyway - I'm a songwriter and musician. He works as a music manager and booking bands/events, etc. That's actually how we met. I feel like I'm trying to ride the line of pursuing him and letting him know how much he means to me, but trying to keep my distance so he can pursue me and chase after me. How much of a factor is that for guys? Being the one who does the pursuing? If someone's too available, is it a turnoff?

I've written a couple songs about him before, and he knew they were about him. I have one that I just finished, that I'd really like to send to him and say, "I wrote this for you," but I also don't want to be too forward or too overwhelming if he's not ready for that.

So....thoughts??? Do I need to let him chase after me? Is it okay to give him a gift (a song) first? Or should I hold off?

With this guy, we've already been together several times and have shared quite a bit, but it still truly feels like a very complicated relationship, one I don't want to do something to ruin it completely.